As part of my January Resolution (read about it here) I decided to make a visit to Sephora. My goal for January isn’t to lose myself in products but to find products that will enchance my beauty.
The cute girl who helped me at Sephora asked me a few questions about my morning routine (I need something quick, I get 30 minutes for hair and makeup in the morning), my skin type (super sensitive and dry) as well as what I wanted in my make-up.
I ended up purchasing the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Lorac Eye Shadow Set with the free primer and the Smashbox Bronzer. I’m going to wear the products for a week or so before I give my reviews so stay tuned.
Tips on How to Get a Good Makeover at the Makeup Counter:
- Speak up! Tell them what works, what hasn’t.
- Let them know your willing to pay for a product.
- If you don’t like the way a product looks, ask to try something else (but limit that to one thing)
- Be honest. If you want don’t have a lot of time to get ready … find a product that can be used for more than one area.
- Ask for samples if your not ready to commit.